Every year, we plan special events for women to enjoy.
- To promote women’s ministry in the Christian Reformed Church of Sutherland Shire.
- To consider women’s outreach opportunities.
- Our goals are to:
- Develop relationships between the women of the church;
- Help women to grow in Christ;
- Arrange social events to promote fellowship;
- Encourage outreach opportunities;
Recently, we enjoyed our “Come and Meet the girls” afternoon tea in which we welcomed Nicola to our church family.
We also promoted:
- WomenOne2One – This is a perfect opportunity to encourage each other as you grow in Christ; You can either place your name into the WomenOne2One box and be matched with a new partner for 2018 OR feel free to approach someone and ask them if they would like to join with you this year as you meet, read and pray together. See Louise for more details.
- Book Club – Narelle introduced a “Book Club” for those who are interested in reading and discussing a book together. See Narelle for more details. The first book to be discussed is “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”. (link to Book Depository) Buy it, read it and a date for discussion will be advertised next term. See Narelle for more details.
- Come and Pray – We all know that God loves it when His children come to Him in prayer and so we have made times available to do this – fortnightly on Tuesdays (morning/evenings). Read here for more details and find the dates in the calendar. See Pam.
- “Thankful” Board – in our back room, you will notice that we have a “Thankful” Board. God has given us so much to be thankful for and at the Afternoon Tea, Diana encouraged us to take time to give thanks. We have begun to add “Thankful Notes” to this board and we encourage everyone from church – to add notes… (from the box near the TV) – write a comment of thanks, and hang it up.